Thanks for visiting!
Unfortunately, due to the continuing development of the Coronavirus situation, the Trustees of Shopmobility have made the decision to close the West Bridgford Shopmobility office from today, Wednesday, 18th March 2020, until further notice. This is in the Interests of both our Members and Volunteers.
However, if you wish to hire a Wheelchair or a collapsible Scooter for a short period, we would be pleased to help you by prior arrangement. You can contact us by :-
Email: [email protected]
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. We wish you well during this difficult time and look forward to welcoming you back once this crisis is over.
West Bridgford Shopmobility
West Bridgford Shopmobility is a charity that provides mobility devices (manual and powered wheelchairs, walkers and scooters) for anybody who has a mobility problem, enabling them to visit shops and places of interest in central West Bridgford.
The immobility may be permanent or temporary, and caused by disability, age, illness or accident; it’s not necessary to be registered as disabled to take advantage of our service.
We also operate a short-term hire scheme (payable weekly) with scooters and wheelchairs which can be dismantled to go in your car, enabling you, for example, to:
- Take it away on your holiday in the UK
- support a visitor with mobility problems
- help you after illness, or discharge from hospital
Here’s how Shopmobility can make life easier for you!
- You can take your UK holiday without worrying about getting around easily when you’re there!
- If you’re visited by someone who has mobility problems, don’t keep a scooter or a wheelchair in the house ‘Just In Case’ – we can provide you with one when you need it!
- If you’ve been ill, or are recuperating after a hospital stay, we can help you to get around again!
Visit us - we're in the West Bridgford Library complex - you can call us on 0115 981 5451 or email us at [email protected]
We hope to see you again! Check back later for new updates to our website. There's much more to come!